Here at Furlenco, we pride ourselves as a customer-centric company. Our business hinges on customer satisfaction and we strive to give our customers thoughtfully-designed furniture, which while solving real problems is also an experience.
Why Furlenco Kids?
Due to the severe dearth of tasteful, good-quality and affordable kids furniture in the Indian market, and the fact that kids outgrow everything so quickly, most parents end up making children use adult-sized furniture. But this stop-gap solution is detrimental to a child’s development. Not only does it do absolutely nothing to stimulate and facilitate a growing child’s imagination, but it can also lead to bad posture in the child and wasted space in the house.
That was the genesis of Furlenco Kids. And to create the Furlenco Kids range, we painstakingly and obsessively adhered to a few things.
- Kids furniture has to be age-appropriate: A kid’s needs change and evolve rapidly as they grow. Therefore, the furniture we create must match the physiological and psychological needs of kids at that particular stage of development.
- Furniture must be benign in every way: ie, the material used and finishing touches must be of the best quality and the kid should be completely safe from even the slightest possibility of harm or injury while using it.
- Seamless experience: The furniture must be aesthetically appealing and all the pieces in the range must relate to and match with each other, so as to create a seamless experience.
- Swappable themes: We recognize that a kid’s tastes and preferences keep changing. Our furniture has been designed to ensure availability in various themes, that can be swapped whenever the kid craves a new experience.
How is Furlenco Kids Bed better?
Our first order of business was to design beds for children. From our research we understood that Indian parents find it extremely difficult to move their children into a bed of their own. Most children refuse to sleep away from their parents, sometimes even as late as the age of 9. And even if the child agrees to sleep in a separate bed, the parents are constantly fretting about the safety of their children during the night. They worry that their kid might just roll off the edge in their sleep and hurt themselves.
So the main concerns that needed to be dealt with while designing were:
– to create something that would be attractive enough for a kid to want to move into a separate bedroom and sleep alone, and
– to allay the fears of concerned parents by creating something that would ensure that the kid was asleep – safe and sound.
After a lot of conceptualising, ideating and prototyping, this final design was made a reality.
- Rounded corners,
- Soft edges,
- High-quality material used,
All of the above makes the Peek-A-Boo Kids bed perfectly safe for children to use.
- Guardrails on either side of the bed ensure that parents can also sleep as soundly as their children.
- The soft headboard and footboard sleeves,
- The bedsheets and the pillowcase, all match beautifully and harmoniously with each other.
- And the engaging themes appeal to any kid, encouraging them to spend more alone time in their own room.
But what sets this bed apart from everything else is the hut-shaped enclosure at the foot of the bed. When you look at every kid’s first few drawings, this “home” shape is prevalent in all drawings. This is a shape that all children recognise and it’s a design that evokes feelings of safety and warmth in them. The size and volume of this enclosure have been fixed so that it provides children with a cozy space apt for them. It also lends itself well to children’s make-believe games and flights of fancy.
The Peek-A-Boo Kids Bed comes with a colourful canopy on top, a chalkboard on either side for children to bring alive their imaginations and a comfortable floor pad. It’s the sort of furniture that will make your children yearn to sleep in their own room, on their own bed under the colourful canopy of a hut.